Thursday, January 11, 2007

My Chocolove!

It should come as no surprise that I am a fan (some would say fanatic) of dark chocolate (recall the blog title?). It's not even Valentine's Day and I'm writing about chocolate although any day is a good day to write about--or better--to enjoy dark chocolate. At Christmas, my husband gave an exquisite bar of dark chocolate sprinkled throughout with chewy pieces of tangy, sweet crystallized ginger. He knows that I love dark chocolate. It's a family joke. I get dark chocolate bars for my birthday, for holidays (including Mother's Day) and sometimes for no reason at all. I usually savor them slowly, eating just one square or two, at a time. Then I carefully rewrap the bar in the gold or silver liner paper and put it away for another day when I need a pick-me-up or am feeling low on Vitamin Ch. I say "usually" because since I took the first bite of my Chocolove bar with crystallized ginger, it was an instant Wow! My new best friend. I graciously shared the bar with my husband since he had gifted it to me, but in my heart of hearts, I wasn't feeling very gracious and didn't want to share. I wanted to selfishly hog the whole thing. I ate half the bar in one sitting--and the other half the next night. I've bought two more bars since then, feeling a bit like Charlie from Charlie in the Chocolate Factory, only my golden ticket is the chocolate bar itself. If you like ginger, no, if you love ginger as I do, you will absolutely need to find a source for your new fix. I almost forgot to mention that the good people at Chocolove enclose a love poem inside every wrapper. How's that for incentive to make a purchase? You can expand your knowledge of poetry while the chocolate is melting on your tongue. Looking forward to a few squares of my chocolate bar tonight...from Floyd County.

[Disclaimer: This was an unpaid testimonial, however if they forced it on me I'd not hesitate to accept a box of chocolate bars as a thank-you.]

No comments: