Wednesday, January 24, 2007

State of the Union

Did you watch President Bush's annual State of the Union address last night? My husband and I began to watch, but I quickly lost attention and looked up occasionally from what I was reading while I continued to listen. We were both waiting for the Democrat's response, to see what freshman Senator Jim Webb (D-VA) would say in rebuttal. We thought the Senator was blunt and to the point, he certainly did not mince words. We liked what he said. When he was done I found myself thinking, "This guy should run for President." We turned off the tv and the lamp in our family room to go up to bed and before we made it to the stairs, my husband said "Maybe he should run for President." I told him I had just had the same thought, great minds think alike. Wonder if anyone else shared our thoughts. What did you think?

No comments: