Friday, February 02, 2007

Friday's Feast #2

Appetizer
What was one of the fashion fads when you were a teenager?

In my pre-teen years, I vividly recall hip-hugging bell bottom pants called Palazzo pants. I had two pair; one was light pink and other other was a pale aqua blue. I thought I was really cool whenever I wore them. In my teenage years which was during the late 70's, some of the styles were similar to what you see today. I read a great quote, but forget the source (darn it), if you remember the fad the first time around then you're too old to wear it the second time! I think of that quote whenever I see someone my age (mid-40's) who is trying to look like she's still 16.

Soup

Name one thing you think people assume about you when they first meet you.


Oh, I don't like this one. For years I was a mortgage broker and I began avoiding people in public because they almost always wanted to ask me a question about interest rates or talk about a possible loan scenario they had in mind. They assumed I wanted to talk shop everywhere I went, even at a festival, but I didn't. I felt like I was losing the real me and was being replaced by 'the mortgage broker'. I have no idea what people might assume about me now that I'm not in the business, but I hope they find me to be friendlier and happier than I used to be.

Salad
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how hard do you work?

I over analyze everything; when it comes to scales I break it down into halves. This is a general question and depends on the subject. I tend to do things in phases in terms of applying myself a full 110% to then relaxing and giving 75% (or so) and back again. I switched to percentages but you get the idea.

Main Course
If you were given a free 30-second commercial during the Super Bowl to sell anything you currently own, what would you advertise?


There is nothing I own that I'd want to advertise. I'd use my thirty seconds to promote world peace. I'd ask governments to redirect money spent on every war in the world to worthwhile causes that improved peoples lives.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: I love to ________ when it is _________.


I love to take a hot bath when it's cold outside, it always feels luxurious.

No comments: