Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I believe Floyd Landis

I believe in Floyd Landis, the 2006 Tour de France champion. I can neither substantiate nor prove why I believe he is innocent of the doping charges, but I believe he is telling the truth--he did not use testosterone. I'm going with gut instinct based on watching his strong performance throughout the entire Tour de France, most especially after he fought back and persistently pushed forward during Stage 17 and raced up the final mountain, the Col de Joux-Plane. It was after he ran out of gas during Stage 16 and slipped to 11th place. All information I could find stated that Floyd Landis has never before tested positive in countless drug tests, he always surrounds himself with 'clean' athletes, and last but not least, there is the thing about his character as a Mennonite. I am hopeful that my gut instinct is correct.

No comments: